Just like the walkman evolved into an iPod, alternative medicines have evolved and are successfully treating pain conditions. Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a safe, non-toxic and non-intrusive therapy using laser light to repair tissue and heal acute or chronic pain.
What is Cold Laser Therapy or Low Level Laser Therapy (LLT)?
Cold Laser Therapy is an alternative treatment for acute or chronic pain. The treatment uses light in specific wavelengths that reach the muscle tissue to repair it at a rapid rate. It evolved from the 1960s (read more about the history of cold laser therapy here) and is widely used to treat a variety of conditions.
How does Cold laser Therapy Work?
A handheld cold laser device is placed over or against the affected area and related body during the treatment session. Light is pulsed from the device, which emits through the skins dermis layer and fat under the skin into the affected tissue. The light stimulates the tissue, accelerating healing, repair and pain relief.
LLT also assists in releasing and/or stimulating several other mechanisms in the body, like serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps pain perception, mood regulation and our perception of hunger.
When the cold laser is placed on the body part experiencing pain, the cells are exposed to phonton energy. Phonton energy is essentially a long wavelength of light that increases cell’s metabolism, assists with collagen growth and muscle cells. The light helps to repair the tissue quicker, without pain or discomfort.
What are the benefits of Cold Laser Therapy?
- Non-toxic: no chemicals, creams or drugs are used during or after the treatment.
- Non-invasive: the treatment uses low level of light to stimulate healing. There is no cutting, splicing or piercing of the body whatsoever.
- Easy to apply: a treatment session can take from 15 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the affected area. It’s applied using a hand-held device operated by a clinical professional.
- No side effects: due to it’s non-toxic and non-invasive nature there are no side effects whatsoever from the treatment.
- No long term drug treatment plans: medication is not required as cold laser therapy treats the source of the condition – not the symptoms.
- Cost effective: by comparison to invasive surgeries that can relieve muscle pain, Cold Laser Therapy is far more cost effective.
- Reduces the need for surgery: Cold Laser Therapy helps heal tissue by accelerating the growth of repairing cells, because of this Cold Laser Therapy reduces the need for surgery.
Adelaide Cold Laser offers over 40 years combined practitioner experience in Health Management to assist you in moving forward with your health goals. Call our friendly staff on 08 8246 6093 to find out if you are a suitable candidate or simply book now!
Address: 528 Marion Road
Plympton Park SA 5038
Fill out the below form to contact us today